Friday, April 25, 2008

First Grandson!

Yeah! Carter has arrived! Sarah is recovering and she and Bryant are thrilled with their new baby boy. Katie and Ella have visited the hospital and had the opportunity to hold their baby brother, and they are so cute with him. I know that Sarah's blog will soon be filled with the whole experience! (;
I am grateful for the opportunity I am having to enjoy this wonderful phase in life of grandparenting. I feel that it is indeed a blessing in my life. To watch your own child parent children is fascinating. When our children were really small, it seemed as if they would always be that size, and Randy and I sometimes felt that the work would never end. It is physically challenging to raise a large family when they are small. However, now that they are all grown, and some of them are"growing" their own families, I realize how quickly that time of their childhood went by. It seems like yesterday that they were just babies themselves. For any of you who may be reading this who have young ones, please know that the time will go swiftly by. There is nothing more precious than the time you have with those little ones as you guide and nurture them. I am just so grateful that even though they are grown, I can still be a part of their lives and we can continue to grow and progress in new and wonderful ways!

5 comments:

The Duncan Proect said...

Now you get to update your bio with the new grandson. Congratulations--sounds like it all went smoothly. Love the name.

The Duncan Proect said...

Got to fix this post name.
Love,
Stacey

Kellie said...

Congratulations on your new grandson! AND on raising such an awesome family of your own. I saw pictures of Carter on Amy's blog and I can't believe how much he looks like Ella! SO cute!

Sherri Araiza said...

Congrats, grandma! How blessed you are to have such a wonderful family.

Striving said...

Hi Nancy,
Its Fashion! I found your blog through Sarah's. Your so cute. You must be so proud of Sarah. She really seems happy. I just remember her as a positive person who liked to have fun and laugh. Seems like she is still that way. You have such a beautiful family.
Fashion.